If you are in the stone and tile industry, you have likely heard of "Dr. Fred." A world renowned industry expert, Fred is a teacher and consultant. Fred delivers a wealth of expertise in training in stone, tile, and masonry.
He is the author of over 30 books, 10 instructional videos, and over 100 articles on stone installation, care, and restoration in both the United States and foreign publications and journals. He is a trainer of stone inspectors, a certified master stone craftsman, an Architectural Conservator, a nationally known consultant, and the founder of Stone Forensics, a natural stone consultant firm of engineers, scientists, and geologists with an expertise in natural stone installations and failures relating to natural stone installations. He has appeared on several television shows, including the Discovery Channel, HGTV, and local talk shows.
Fred’s accomplishments include:
- Certified Master Stone Craftsman & Architectural Conservator
- Former Director for the National Training Center for Stone & Masonry Trades and instructor for master and senior level craftsman certification
- Chief Technical Director for Surface Care PROS
- Founding member of the International Association of Stone Restoration and Conservation (IASRC)
- Former Technical Editor for Stone World Magazine Magazine
- Instructor for Certified Marble and Stone Inspectors (IICRC)
- Certified Instructor for The International Surface Fabricators Association
- Frequently presents seminars and presentations for stone, tile and historical associations.
- A syndicated newspaper columnist: ‘Around the House’ for several papers across the US
- Has served as technical advisor, consultant and expert witness for numerous projects across the US, Canada, Asia and Europe.
- Technical Director for Safeandcompliant.net
- 30 Hour OSHA Certified
- Creator of Dr. Fred's Innovative Solutions specialty products.